Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Getting Started



So I have been horrible about keeping people updated with info and pictures of the happenings of life with Skylar. So this is my attempt to get better.

Skylar is now 5 months and some change. He is doing Awesome! He has such a fun personality and is such a happy baby. In the past week he is coming really close to mastering the sitting game. We can set him down and he will sit there and play with his toys or just hang out (very rarely does he tip and fall, he is pretty good about catching himself).

He has been holding his bottle since about 3 months but today I saw him holding the bottle with one hand, and playing with a scarf in the other. I was totally amazed and wished that I had a camera of some kind to capture that moment.

It is absolutely amazing how fast they grow and change everyday. Guy and I comment everyday about how we have to be present each day and not look ahead too much, because we will end up missing the present. We're continually struck by the realization that this is entirely a one-way trip. There is no going back and Skylar, and we, will never be the same again.

1 comment:

Powers Fam said...

yay!!!!! I'm so excited you have an official blog! I'm in Chicago checking it out on my iPhone. Can't wait to see the pics on a bigger screen. Skylar has changed so much I have to come see you guys soon........before he starts dating. Love you all!