Guy and I headed to the hospital at 5:15am. Once there I was poked (several times) hooked up to monitors, and IVs. Meanwhile Skylar took a front row seat for the mystery with Papa Ron.
Around 7:45 Guy came into the surgery room were they quickly began the process of getting Niko out. It was a bit of a tussle and not a pleasant feeling... he's a big kid as it turns out!
At 8:04 Niko was born. 9 lbs. 2 oz. and 21'' long. The entire staff was amazed at how big he was. He was crying from the start, but gurgly. Guy noticed his dark curly hair immediately.
It was then Niko's turn to be taken an poked and examined, while I was stitched up and brought to recovery.
We then spent two nights in the hospital were I recovered, Niko got stronger, and Guy got tired.
While the three of us were in the hospital Skylar got to spend much of his time with Nana and Papa. They were all later joined by Auntie Whitney and Steve, then the fun really began. Skylar had so much fun with all of them.
When Skylar would come to visit us at the hospital the first thing he would say was "Hi baby!" and go look for the baby.
We came home on Saturday morning; it was so nice to get out of the hospital! We had a pretty smooth transition. Auntie Whitney and Steve left on Sunday, followed by Nana and Papa on Monday. We have had a pretty smooth day on our own today. We ran a few errands, slept, and just learned how to do life as a family of four.
2 comments:
Your poor hand!! You look beautiful after surgery!!!!!!!!! Guy looks pretty cute in his hospital scrubs. I hope you are all doing well and figuring out this family of four stuff. I'm still learning ;)
congrats!
Post a Comment