Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It's a GIRL!


Today was our ultrasound appointment to find out the gender of the "New baby" as Skylar says.
We were very excited for this day to come and it feels like it was a long 21 weeks leading up to it. Everyone has had their guesses or wishes as to what it was going to be. I had four different dreams that it was going to be a girl; with the boys I had dreams that they were boys; but it was still hard to think that it was going to be a girl. With two boys on the scoreboard already, I would not let my self think girl thoughts. We were thinking it would be pretty neat to have a girl; boy, boy, girl seems like a really neat sequence, but we would have been happy with a boy too.

When we headed to the doctor this morning I was anxious to know what it was going to be. It turned out to be a long wait at the doctor's office, almost an hour. On top of that, she was not being at all cooperative; she was all folded up so the doctor had to double and triple check. The first time she said "I think we have a girl here." Then later, "I'm 99% sure it's a girl." Then finally, "Yep, it's a girl."

I'm so excited about getting a chance to braid hair, buy cute outfits, and treat her like a little princess. And she's going to have two big strong loving brothers looking out for her. Very cool.

you can see her eye

5 comments:

Steph said...

Congrats Johnson Family! If you need any pointers on where to buy clothing or girlie things, let me know. I have had lots of experience!

Crystie said...

Yay!!! I'm so happy for you! Girls are so much fun! I'm so glad you're going to experience that too. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you!

Jamie and Scott said...

Congrats! You are going to have such a nice family!

Bryce Wend said...

Yay, it's a girl! Congratulations to you all! I'm thrilled to hear we have another one on the way :)