This year's theme for Halloween was superheroes. I struggled over trying to come up with a costume for the boys. Skylar was originally going to be Superman, but I could not find a good pattern, and I also could not come up with one for Niko. (The boys' friends are superheroes as well.) I also thought that if I was going to invest all this time and money into making a costume for them, I wanted them to be able to wear them all year and they should be something special to them.
I decided that they would be "Super Skylar" and "Super Niko". So I went to the fabric store with a friend and we picked out some really cool fabric to make the kids some capes. Then later we went to her house and spent a day designing a cape shape for the kids. We sewed the basic form and then ran out of time. Since then I have been staring at this project wondering when and how I was going to finish it. Well as luck would have it, my parents decided to take a trip down south and they stayed with us on the way down and back. So yesterday my mom and I were able to work on the capes, while my dad watched the boys. Thank goodness my mom was here to help because I would have gotten so frustrated trying to sew all the stuff on the capes and clothes. Basically it worked out that I cut and did the layout and pinning and my mom sewed all the parts on. Thank you, Thank you, Mom!!
Below are some pictures of them in their costumes

Skylar and Niko "posing"

The back of the cape. Niko would not turn around no matter what I did (just added a pic below of Niko's back), his looks much like Skylar's just with the letter "N" and his cape is green

Finally a smile from Niko

2 comments:
Awesome job Meaghann!!! Love the fabrics you picked out. Those boys are gonna love playing in them all year.
They came out great! The cutest idea ever and exactly what you were thinking of right? You'll have to share your tips before I finish mine :)
Post a Comment