Monday, October 21, 2013

it's been awhile, lots to fill in

I will try to fill in a few fun moments in the last few months. Here goes..


There was the summer music and movie series in downtown. This night the where showing Back to the Future. There was actually a DeLorean there.

another shot. We loved the summer concert series this year. A few of our favorite nights where the night the played School of Rock,  they had a Queen tribute band one night, and then of course Back to the Future

A family canoe trip. There were lots of turtles in the water. We were actually able to spend a fair amount of time this trip in the water. The kids had fun.

We started school. The boys are going to a great school SEA. They go 2 days a week and then we homeschool the rest. We are very much liking our choice. Pepper has started dance class she goes one day a week while her brothers our at school.

another birthday for me in the books. The boys are modeling the crowns they made for me

a rare moment Guy and I actually had lunch just the two of us, and it coordinated with my birthday.  I guess it turned out to be a good thing that I scheduled a Dr. appointment for me on that day and my friend watched Pepper so Guy could come with me. We went to a wonderful restaurant that we have been wanting to try for a very long time.

My super cute girl who just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Don't let her cute smile fool you. We are in the "terribles" right now. She can throw a fit like you could not believe.  It is much easier to take when its your third one. One you know it will end and two, you know its your last time.

and Pepper joined the two wheel club. It was amazing and hard to watch my last baby ride off on two wheels.

she quickly needed the next size bike. So we found another bike on craigslist. (thanks Nana & Papa for buying the "new" bike) and Niko decided that he wanted the "new" one and gave Pepper his. Works out great everyone is happy.

We got to have Brunch with a family friend. The kids were in love the moment they saw her. Jodi has two kids CDs out so the kids love to listen to her music.

being cantaloupes 

being cantaloupes 

being cantaloupes 


Life has been moving along for us. Some ups and downs.
I debated if I should fill you in, but I guess its easier to fill you all in at once..
About a month ago I had some blood work done, it came back with the results that I had Hashimotos. I went to and endocrinologist, who on the bright side said well I don't actually have Hashimoto, I just have the antibodies. Phew good news there. While there she did discover that I had a nodule on my thyroid and wanted me to have an ultrasound. So I did and she was right I did have a nodule that was over 1cm. What does that mean? I need to have biopsy on it. A few weeks later I had the biopsy (not a fun procedure if you where wondering). After waiting 2 weeks I got the results this morning and it turns out it is cancerous. The good news is that is very early, and thyroid cancer is curable. The down side is that I need to have my thyroid removed. So it was an emotional day today but I think I am doing better now. 
The kids and I are headed to Humboldt on Halloween for a fun visit with family, and then I will have the surgery when I get back, and move on. 

We miss all our friends and family and feel like it has been forever since we have connected. Sorry for the long delay and hope all is well with you. much love to y'all!

2 comments:

Powers Fam said...

Holy crap Meaghann!!!!! I know I'm a billion miles away but know that I'm thinking if you always and praying for quick healing. So scary to go through all the waiting. Thank goodness for early detection. Love you my friend!

Jamie and Scott said...

Wow I hope that everything is ok. Glad you found it early, keep us updated, please!