Monday, November 23, 2009

Yummy!!!





Skylar is really into helping and being a part of the food preparation. His favorite food to cook is eggs. He has never had much interest in eating eggs before, but as soon and he was able to help make them he wants to eat egg all the time. He will come up to me and say "eat" and I'll ask him what he wants and he tells me "egg" and points to the kitchen. Once we go in to the kitchen he goes straight for the fridge and goes for the eggs. As soon as we have secured the egg, he runs and gets his stool and is ready to help. He is a great helper, and so far he has not burned himself. He really listens and gets when I say its hot. He loves to stir anything that we are cooking. Above we are cooking tortillas, and he is trying to flip them (a skill he has yet to master). If Skylar helps make it, he is way more up for eating it.

2 comments:

Powers Fam said...

I totally thought those were pancakes for a second. Guess I need to make that little chef an apron! It's great having little helpers in the kitchen. Makes cooking way more fun.

Crystie said...

Maybe I should get Ella involved in the cooking too. Lately she's taken to dragging the kitchen chairs to the counter to see what's up there.