Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A quick update

I figured I should give a quick update as to how we are doing. We have about 27 more days to go til we meet our baby girl. We are tentatively scheduled for Nov. 16 for the c-section. I am very excited to meet her, as well as to be done being pregos. At the same time it seems so weird and crazy to be going back to doing the newborn thing all over again.

The boys and I have been sick, which is the pits. So we have not seen any of our friends in about a week. They are going stir crazy, and I just have no energy (being so pregos, and sick at the same time). So it has not been the greatest combo. I have tried to come up with things for the boys to do, mostly Skylar, since Niko is a great independent player. So yesterday, Skylar and I made my first apple pie, actually my first pie all together. It turned out great, Guy and I both agree it's one of the best apple pies we have ever had. Not too shabby for the first time. Today Niko went down early for a nap so it was just me and Skylar. Wow I have to say how EASY one kid is. It was great: he got to do an art project while I made lunch/dinner. It was great to just let Skylar do his thing and not worry about anything else.

Guy so far has managed to miss catching our cold (knocking on wood) and has been gearing up for his next big house project. He is putting in radiant floor heating. Currently we have no heat in the house, which has been OK, but as it gets colder he needs to get it done. So today part of his order was delivered. So he was having fun getting all this boxes, and getting to open, and sort them. Tomorrow is most of the rest of the shipment. He has got his work cut out for him; his goal is to have it done before the baby comes.

Our schedule is going to be keeping us busy til the baby comes... that's actually very nice, as it keeps our, mostly my, minds off of it. Guy's parents come on Friday and are here for about 11 days. We have lots of Halloween parties and a few birthday parties to go to, and then my parents come in and it's baby time. We have almost everything checked off our list of to-do's before she comes. Still have no name picked out, but I think we are getting closer, but we won't decide til we meet her anyways, so no major rush.

I forgot to write a post about this so I will tack it in here:
Before we got sick we took another trip to Happy Hollow and Skylar just blew us away. Normally he does not like or want to ride any of the rides, but this time, he rode almost all of them. He started out on the carousel, then the Frog hopper twice with Guy, then we rode Danny the Dragon, and then the lady bugs ride with Niko twice. He then rode the car ride, and ended with the carousel, this time on an animal with out me having to hold him. He was so happy and proud of himself. It was a great day for him. Of course, with my camera luck I brought the camera to take pics and it had no battery power, so I was not able to capture any of his big moments.

I think that is mostly it so far, we just keep chugging along trying to make the best of everyday and get as much done as we can.


2 comments:

Powers Fam said...

Good luck with the floor. Baby girl needs some heat. ;) I swear we are so similar. We decided to replace every window the week before Tyler came. Only difference is that we hired it out. I'm so excited to meet this sweet baby girl! I'm sorry to hear you've been sick. I really think there is nothing worse than momma and kiddos being sick. Get some rest-well as much as you can with those sweeties. Love you lots!

Crystie said...

So sorry to hear that you're sick! It really saps your energy when you're pregnant! I hope you and the boys feel better soon and Guy gets to skip this one.