Monday, April 6, 2009

phone conversations



The last week Skylar has been practicing talking on the phone. He finds a phone (or something that looks like it could be a phone) and walks around the house holding it up to his ear. Yesterday I was talking to my mom on the phone and Skylar was demanding that I give him the phone (he has always liked to talk to Nana) but yesterday he held the phone up to his ear and was holding it correctly and having a full on conversation with Nana. He would listen and wait for his turn to talk, or laugh if she said something funny, or use hand gestures to help tell his story better. He then took the phone a few steps away and sat down so he could continue his conversation. It was one of the cutest things I have ever seen him do, I wish that I had a video camera to capture that moment.

1 comment:

Crystie said...

That is so cute! Ella loves the phone too and pretends to talk on it, but she hasn't learned how to have a conversation with Gramma or Daddy yet. :-)